Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 541 Vote(s) - 3.45 Average
Why people think Java is bad and old language?

Quote:(01-04-2017, 10:43 PM)Elf Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

I have no issues with it nor have heard anyone describe it like that :c

:sad: I don't think I like you anymore

Quote:(01-05-2017, 08:17 PM)insidious Wrote:

One word: Enterprise

if you have a language that made waves like Java did in enterprise, you can be damned sure it's going to stay there for a looong time no matter how shit the language is.

It's for the same reason that some dumbass companies still run Flash. Once it becomes a part of their system higherups find no need to replace it with something faster

Personally I don't like the language, I prefer something like C++, but if you're thinking about getting a job you sure as hell need to know Java.

First of all, you can't compare Java to C++. They are entirely different classes of languages (in my opinion, I'm not looking for a flame war here). C++ is (in a sense) a compiled language. That is, everything you write eventually gets translated to machine code. Java on the other hand is not. It's "translated" into a code that can only be read by the VM (there are exceptions to this: see

). So, the argument of java being cross platform is bunk, because Java is a platform. In not being a directly compiled language you get all the drawbacks of scripted languages with none of the benefits of compiled languages.

It would be appropriate to compare it to things like PHP, python, ruby, etc. In those cases, it has good benefits, but I wouldn't write real software in any of them.

Quote:(01-04-2017, 09:40 PM)Oni Wrote:

I have a personal distaste for the language. @

gave some decent reasons. I'd even recommend C# over it, as he said.

C# is Java done right by your favourite company Microsoft.

They're still both garbage.

Quote:(01-07-2017, 09:09 PM)meow Wrote:

Quote: (01-06-2017, 02:13 PM)Inori Wrote:

I hate Java because it's...obsolete

I'm not here to defend Java, I really don't like it that much either, but you should stop using words you clearly don't know the meaning of. Java is still one of the most popular programming languages in the world, if not the most popluar.

It's obsolete in the sense that there's better options available for anything Java can do. Use Qt with C++ if you don't hate yourself.

Quote:(01-05-2017, 08:17 PM)insidious Wrote:

One word: Enterprise

Sun Microsystems pumped so much money into marketing on Java it nearly bunkrupted itself

Quote:(01-07-2017, 10:44 PM)Inori Wrote:

Quote: (01-07-2017, 09:09 PM)meow Wrote:

Quote: (01-06-2017, 02:13 PM)Inori Wrote:

I hate Java because it's...obsolete

I'm not here to defend Java, I really don't like it that much either, but you should stop using words you clearly don't know the meaning of. Java is still one of the most popular programming languages in the world, if not the most popluar.

It's obsolete in the sense that there's better options available for anything Java can do. Use Qt with C++ if you don't hate yourself.

:smile: use NetBeans with Java if you don't hate yourself.
Sorry.

All this C++ lovers? Do they even actually use C++? Or just saying they do, to look smart?
I have learned Java and learned C++, they are quite similar in coding style, except c++ got more bullshit in my perspective, namespaces, extern variables, constexpr and const? The only think I probably like about C++ is its pointers, efficient ways to manager memory and objects, but java does this for you implicitly.

And this Qt bullshit? Only people I have heard enjoying are the ones using python with Qt, most guys I know using Qt cry blood before getting their program to run when on C++, but Java just works.

Java has so many libraries, some can even turn java code to another language, for example Vaadin for website development, code in Java turned to Javascript, HTML 5. All very fast.

When you look at it from an unbiased perspective, it starts looking like all languages after C++ are just trying to copy Java, check out C#, PHP,JavaScript, Python, etc... the list goes on.

It's like Debian on Linux, and all the other distros changing the themes and calling it a new operating system(Ubuntu and friends).

Quote:(01-05-2017, 11:24 PM)Inori Wrote:

Quote: (01-05-2017, 10:03 AM)BORW3 Wrote:

Java is best, the libraries using it are robust.
Can code anything and everything with it, Games check, Website check, mobile apps check, etc.
Can't do that with any other language but C/C++ or the Java Photocopy(C#).

This is entirely incorrect.

(the graphics framework of choice for the vast majority of games) is part of the Win32 framework, which Java can't do shit with but virtually every other language can fully utilize. Also, .NET and Visual C++ can both be used for both Android and iOS apps, you need look no further than the Visual Studio project creation page. Don't even start with websites; frameworks in other languages are a dime a dozen and JSP is fucking useless in comparison.

OOh, yeah, and uhmm, Win32? Windows bullshit? Dude how many phones exist? How many Android and iPhones exists vs comoputers(Windows PC's that is)? How many mobile devices even actually support Direct X? and How many consoles give a shit about Direct X? OpenGL is the future bro.

Only reason .NET is being used is because of Microsoft making it preferable for their operating system spreading propaganda, and trust me their is alot of WIndows lovers out their. .NET outside of WIndows is utter crap except for a few exceptions.

Quote:(01-08-2017, 07:10 AM)Mr.Kurd Wrote:

Quote: (01-07-2017, 10:44 PM)Inori Wrote:

Quote: (01-07-2017, 09:09 PM)meow Wrote:

Sorry.

Qt isn't an IDE, it's a framework. NetBeans isn't the first thing I'd use if I'm forced to use Java for CS, either.

Quote:(01-08-2017, 08:00 AM)BORW3 Wrote:

All this C++ lovers? Do they even actually use C++? Or just saying they do, to look smart?
I have learned Java and learned C++, they are quite similar in coding style, except c++ got more bullshit in my perspective, namespaces, extern variables, constexpr and const? The only think I probably like about C++ is its pointers, efficient ways to manager memory and objects, but java does this for you implicitly.

And this Qt bullshit? Only people I have heard enjoying are the ones using python with Qt, most guys I know using Qt cry blood before getting their program to run when on C++, but Java just works.

Java has so many libraries, some can even turn java code to another language, for example Vaadin for website development, code in Java turned to Javascript, HTML 5. All very fast.

When you look at it from an unbiased perspective, it starts looking like all languages after C++ are just trying to copy Java, check out C#, PHP,JavaScript, Python, etc... the list goes on.

It's like Debian on Linux, and all the other distros changing the themes and calling it a new operating system(Ubuntu and friends).

Thafuck? Wrong on so many levels.

Who in their right mind would code in Java for the sole purpose to turn it into Javascript? Wtf? Sounds like so many nukes just waiting to explode. Javascript already has it's own problems. Why couple Java's problems in with it. If your looking for a better way to code Javascript look into Typescript or something don't use fucking Java. Using java to code Javascript just sounds like someone was lazy and didn't want to take the time to learn Javascript.

Quote:I have learned Java and learned C++, they are quite similar in coding style, except c++ got more bullshit in my perspective, namespaces, extern variables, constexpr and const? The only think I probably like about C++ is its pointers, efficient ways to manager memory and objects, but java does this for you implicitly.
Yeah, C++ does have more 'bullshit'. But your missing the point, that is its advantage over Java. You are able to do more by having more control. The fact that java does this implicitly is not a good thing, because in many usecases that can fail for the worse.

I do agree that Qt is shit, though.

Anyways, I largely agree with what @

said,
Quote:First of all, you can't compare Java to C++. They are entirely different classes of languages (in my opinion, I'm not looking for a flame war here). C++ is (in a sense) a compiled language. That is, everything you write eventually gets translated to machine code. Java on the other hand is not. It's "translated" into a code that can only be read by the VM (there are exceptions to this: see Jazelle). So, the argument of java being cross platform is bunk, because Java is a platform. In not being a directly compiled language you get all the drawbacks of scripted languages with none of the benefits of compiled languages.

It would be appropriate to compare it to things like PHP, python, ruby, etc. In those cases, it has good benefits, but I wouldn't write real software in any of them.

Quote:(01-08-2017, 05:41 PM)Inori Wrote:

Quote: (01-08-2017, 07:10 AM)Mr.Kurd Wrote:

Quote: (01-07-2017, 10:44 PM)Inori Wrote:

Sorry.

Qt isn't an IDE, it's a framework. NetBeans isn't the first thing I'd use if I'm forced to use Java for CS, either.

I didn't know that thank you.
But we have Qt IDE too, Haven't we?