Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 809 Vote(s) - 3.49 Average
Wordpress permalink structure change issue

I have seen some other posts on SO about this issue, however none of the suggested solutions did work for me, so I repost.

After changing my permalink structure to `/%postname%/`, none of the links is working. I get the following 404:

Not Found

The requested URL /my-post-name/ was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.20 (Ubuntu) Server at mysite.com Port 80

When I get back to the `default` permalink structure it starts to work again, but I want to have ``/%postname%/`` structure anyways.

My `.htaccess` file's `chmod` is 777.

After updating my permalink structure to `/%postname%/`, the `.htaccess` file generated by Wordpress is the following:

# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>
# END WordPress

Any thoughts?

Edit:
-----

I tried to change permalink structure to the following:

/index.php/%postname%/

and it happily worked. However, the problem is now, not surprisingly, the links are in the following form:

[To see links please register here]

My question is how can I remove `index.php` from my links. When I remove it from the permalink structure (i.e., `/%postname%/`), my links no longer work.

PS: Instead of using blog entries I use only pages in my site. If it is necessary my site is: mll.sehir.edu.tr.

I had the same problem but i am using other url structure /%category%/%postname%/

The problems with de 404 error is because even if you set a certain structure, wordpress is always trying to create the urls with the word "category" on the url.

Try to type your urls like this: yoursite.com/category/postname, if you are not getting any error now is because we are close to resolving the error. Now try to install this wordpress plugin

to remove the "category" base from urls

Let me know about your progress

Sounds like a problem with symlinks on your server. Try this in your .htaccess and also please change it to 644 after making the change:

Options +FollowSymlinks
RewriteEngine on

# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>
# END WordPress

Replace and try your .htaccess with this:

#Options +FollowSymlinks
#RewriteEngine On
#RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^hostname.com$
#RewriteRule ^(.*)$

$1 [R=permanent,L]

I got this issue whenever i try to enable my site's permalink to mod_rewrite: "Pretty Permalinks". My site is one instance on AWS EC2.

404 Errors

Page Not Found
The requested URL .... was not found on this server.
Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) Server at mydomain.com Port 80

I tried all above methods, but not being fixed.

At last, I checked the /etc/apache2/sites-available/wordpress.conf, I found I used public IP address assigned to each instance by AWS. Once I change it to the current mydomain.com, it's working.

Sometimes, wordpress.conf would be locked by httpd (web serser), we need to stop and start it after edit. We also need to use: sudo service apache2 stop/start so as wordpress.conf could be reload again.

Hope my experience could help others.

There are many ways how you can fix this issue, if you know the root of the issue.

###Problem 1

Firstly, it may be a problem with your apache not having the mod_rewrite.c module installed or enabled.

For this reason, you would have to enable it as follows

Open up your console and type into it, this:

sudo a2enmod rewrite

Restart your apache server.

service apache2 restart

###Problem 2

You may also, in addition to the above, if it does not work, have to change the override rule from the apache conf file (either `apache2.conf`, `http.conf` , or `000-default` file).

Locate `Directory /var/www/`

Change the `Override None` to `Override All`

###Problem 3

If you get an error stating rewrite module is not found, then probably your userdir module is not enabled. For this reason you need to enable it.

Type this into the console:

sudo a2enmod userdir

Then try enabling the rewrite module if still not enabled (as mentioned above).

To read further on this, you can visit this site: