Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 761 Vote(s) - 3.55 Average
getting DDoSed

Quote:(08-19-2018, 05:01 PM)Jiggly Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Quote: (08-18-2018, 04:08 PM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (08-18-2018, 01:57 PM)Jiggly Wrote:

That's nuts. I still think we should be taught more about these things in schools. IT classes have always been embarrassingly behind the times, but security and awareness of such, should be intertwined with curriculum. Even at college level. Surely a Business Management degree would benefit from a course that teaches people to consider how they test their security and to plan to adapt security measures over time.

I don't have any certifications nor have I attended a single minute of schooling In the IT sector, so I wouldn't know what Is/Isn't covered.

I certainly agree that all facets of security training and awareness, Inclusive of exploitation, should be covered. To defend against attacks, you need to know how to execute them yourself. That Is, to protect against hackers, you must also be a (ex) hacker.

Not even in high school or below? We had IT/ICT as a subject in school from the moment we could read/write. Interesting.

I'd certainly benefit from learning more. Comparative to members here, I know very little. However, I've found that I know a lot more than many of my peers IRL, and that concerns me.

I've attended high school but did not finish the final year.

Schooling significantly helps when problematic Issues come to hand. I'm self-taught with computing, so I'm basically my own teacher which was very difficult In the beginning, but patience and perseverance got me through and still does.

Quote:(08-19-2018, 05:11 PM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (08-19-2018, 05:01 PM)Jiggly Wrote:

Quote: (08-18-2018, 04:08 PM)mothered Wrote:

I don't have any certifications nor have I attended a single minute of schooling In the IT sector, so I wouldn't know what Is/Isn't covered.

I certainly agree that all facets of security training and awareness, Inclusive of exploitation, should be covered. To defend against attacks, you need to know how to execute them yourself. That Is, to protect against hackers, you must also be a (ex) hacker.

Not even in high school or below? We had IT/ICT as a subject in school from the moment we could read/write. Interesting.

I'd certainly benefit from learning more. Comparative to members here, I know very little. However, I've found that I know a lot more than many of my peers IRL, and that concerns me.

Schooling significantly helps when problematic Issues come to hand. I'm self-taught with computing, so I'm basically my own teacher which was very difficult In the beginning, but patience and perseverance got me through and still does.

Learning to teach yourself to do something is a skill/resource in itself!

Quote:(08-20-2018, 09:48 PM)Jiggly Wrote:

Quote: (08-19-2018, 05:11 PM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (08-19-2018, 05:01 PM)Jiggly Wrote:

Agree.

For someone who's very well educated like yourself, you can Imagine the degree of difficulty when there Is not one to turn to for assistance. I'm fine now, but during the first couple of years or so, It was a very arduous task.

Quote:(08-21-2018, 03:57 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (08-20-2018, 09:48 PM)Jiggly Wrote:

Quote: (08-19-2018, 05:11 PM)mothered Wrote:

Agree.

For someone who's very well educated like yourself, you can Imagine the degree of difficulty when there Is not one to turn to for assistance. I'm fine now, but during the first couple of years or so, It was a very arduous task.

I can imagine. A lot of people say they never use what they learned in school, but they forget, school can often help you learn how to learn. If that makes sense? I'm entirely comfortable with independent learning now... but only because I was shown ways to learn that worked to my strengths.

Quote:(08-21-2018, 07:16 PM)Jiggly Wrote:

A lot of people say they never use what they learned in school, but they forget, school can often help you learn how to learn. If that makes sense?

It makes perfect sense.

A handful of friends have studied and yet to pursue anything relative to their learning. But the process of how the Information Is absorbed and applied, Is what counts.

Quote:(08-22-2018, 04:23 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (08-21-2018, 07:16 PM)Jiggly Wrote:

A lot of people say they never use what they learned in school, but they forget, school can often help you learn how to learn. If that makes sense?

It makes perfect sense.

A handful of friends have studied and yet to pursue anything relative to their learning. But the process of how the Information Is absorbed and applied, Is what counts.

I definitely agree.
Also, it makes me think of the words "transferable skills".