Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 507 Vote(s) - 3.49 Average
how do I call my theme preprocess function for a specific field?

i'm on Drupal 7 and i have aspecific tpl.php file for a content field_image: "field--field_image.tpl.php". I need to create a preprocess function for this field and for my theme.

Supposing my theme name is "My Theme"

It should look like

function my_theme_preprocess_field(&$variables, $hook) {
$variables['classes_array'][] = 'aClassName';
}

but it doesn't work. I am wrong. But where?

Thanks

In drupal 7 you can rewrite output of the field in template_preprocess_node() by altering "#markup" value of the field.

Also you can use regexp to change whatever you want in page content :)

You could declare a `mytheme_preprocess_field(&$variables, $hook)` in your theme's template.php where you can check your field and do operations on its label or markup, add classes, anything. So you wouldn't need field specific tpls. - eg.

function mytheme_preprocess_field(&$variables, $hook) {
if ($variables['element']['#field_name'] == 'field_machine_name') {
$variables['items'][0]['#markup'] = 'add custom markup';
}
}

Hope this helps someone.

You can use [`template_preprocess_field()`](

[To see links please register here]

) (like you do in your code above) but just test the particular field is the right one for you:

function my_theme_preprocess_field(&$variables, $hook) {
$element = $variables['element'];
if (isset($element['#field_name'])) {
if ($element['#field_name'] == 'field_image') {
$variables['classes_array'][] = 'aClassName';
}
}
}

Once you've implemented the hook don't forget to clear your caches, hook implementations are cached in Drupal 7 so won't be picked up until the cache is cleared.