Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 494 Vote(s) - 3.44 Average
how to solve "ruby installation is missing psych" error?

I was having this error and noticed I had different versions of Ruby installed with HomeBrew, along with many gems that I no longer used. So did a full clean up like this:

$ brew remove --force ruby # remove all versions installed
$ sudo rm -rf /usr/local/lib/ruby # remove all gems and leftover files
$ brew install ruby
$ gem install bundler
$ bundle install

If you don't use a `Gemfile`, make sure you know which gems to reinstall.

In my case

rvm pkg install libyaml

and

rvm reinstall ruby-1.9.3-p125

solved the problem.

For people using Ubuntu, make sure that `libtool` is installed prior to the steps above:

sudo apt-get install libtool

For macOS users (with homebrew):

rm -rf /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/ && brew reinstall ruby

In my case [all I needed to do][1] was

rm -rf /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.4.0/gems/psych-2.2.4
rm -rf /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.4.0/extensions/x86_64-darwin-16/2.4.0/psych-2.2.4

Now, FWIW, `gem list` includes

psych (2.2.4, default: 2.2.2)

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

- Ubuntu
- Using RVM
- Reason: Conflicting Psych gem versions between ruby 2.4.4 and ruby 2.5.1

I spent a few hours trying to get my error to go away and none of the replies here suited my case, so I thought I would post how I solved it...

In my case when I ran `gem list | grep psych`, I had the following output: `psych(default: 3.1.0, default: 3.0.2)`.

Apparently since version 2.5.0, ruby depends on the newer version of psych (3.1.0) and having both set as default was messing up everything. Notice that I never ended up finding out why those were both set as default - I completely wiped out rvm and ruby versions from my computer due to this.

So in order to remove the older version (3.0.2) from being set as default, head to `~/.rvm/gems/ruby-x.x.x@global/specifications/default`. If you run `ls | grep psych` it will return both versions of the gem here. If you want to maintain 3.1.0 as default just run `mv psych-3.0.2.gemspec ../` and then try running `gemlist` to make sure it is listing only one version as default now...

tl;dr
`cd /.rvm/gems/ruby-x.x.x@global/specifications/default`
`mv psych-3.0.2 ../`

Hope this helps someone!

I've been facing the same issue. I'm using MacPorts with `rbenv` installed!

What I did:
1. `sudo port install ruby26`
2. `sudo port select --set ruby ruby26` (this effectively takes macOS default ruby installation out of game)
3. removed all gems from `~/.gem/ruby/2.6.0/gems` which caused errors while invoking the `gem` command
4. run `gem pristine` commands for all gems listed by gem list (the exact commands are part of the warnings)
5. finally `gem update --user-install`

For problems with `rbenv` on `ubuntu 22`, I had to installl `libtool` and `libffi-dev` through apt, and compile the yaml package (Thanks to Dmitry for his answer):

sudo apt install libtool
sudo apt install libffi-dev

wget

[To see links please register here]

tar zxf yaml-0.2.5.tar.gz
cd yaml-0.2.5
./configure
make
make install

After that, I ran `rbenv install 3.2.2` again and it worked.