Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 643 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
is it possible nowadays to "uncap" routers (namely the superhub 3 by virgin media) ?

so yeah I was curious as to whether nowadays you are able to do the whole router firmware flash thing to uncap routers
so say you have a virgin superhub 3 and a package on the lowest speed so 100MBp/s but the top package is 600MBp/s (technically 1GBp/s but in rollout)

back in the old days you could modify your router to get the top speed and be relatively safe and remain undetected as long as you weren't a dumbass and let the whole neighbourhood connect for free
im guessing nowadays its all exchange sided and a simple router modification or replacement with a gigabit version wouldn't do anything right?

as a quick update it seems the firmware was dumped and is available

[To see links please register here]

No. Most ISPs keep that type of restriction Server side to prevent that method from working anymore.

I got the magic free internet on talktalk before by downgrading the router to one with un encrypted config backups swapped the router DNS to my server, restored the modded config and routed a VPN to UDP port 53. But it was blocked eventually. Nice to think it took 3 months and the techs working overtime on the weekends to stop me lol. You could probably do the VM bluebox usb router ($10 from eBay) they used on 2000 ish with a firmware reflash and swap the Mac to another customer with a better bandwidth. Their trick is they remotely admin your router. Take that away and have some hardware you have total control over and you can probably use those old methods again. VM uses a giant ancient Solaris server as its main machine so the network setup is probably still the same as it was when these hacks still worked. They just added the remote router admin layer on top of the existing infrastructure. Although your lack of a remote admin connection would probably flag you as the guilty party if someone looked into it. Hope this info is of interest ☺️