Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 732 Vote(s) - 3.44 Average
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener

I had a similar problem when running a spring web application in an Eclipse managed tomcat. I solved this problem by adding maven dependencies in the project's web deployment assembly.

1. Open the project's properties (e.g., right-click on the project's name in the project explorer and select "Properties").
2. Select "Deployment Assembly".
3. Click the "Add..." button on the right margin.
4. Select "Java Build Path Entries" from the menu of Directive Type and click "Next".
5. Select "Maven Dependencies" from the Java Build Path Entries menu and click "Finish".

You should see "Maven Dependencies" added to the Web Deployment Assembly definition.

You have to use at least version `3.2.8.RELEASE` of spring-core.

For Maven, set in your `pom.xml`:

<dependency>
<groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
<artifactId>spring-core</artifactId>
<version>3.2.8.RELEASE</version>
</dependency>

Source:

[To see links please register here]

, since 3.2.8.

If everything mentioned above does not work try the following. It worked for me.

Remove your project from the server > Restart server > Add your project to server > Restart server.

**Detailed Instruction:**

1. Right click on server > Add and Remove
2. Select your project > Remove > Finish
3. Restart your server
4. Right click on server > Add and Remove
5. Select your project > Add > Finish
6. Restart your server again.

The actual solution for me was to install the "m2e-wtp - Maven integration for WTP". The solution of Marcelo is not neccessary in that case.

I have the same issue , and I have resolved it using the steps mentioned above.but no when I have this issue again and i try the following,

RC(right click on web project) --> properties --> Deployment Assembly --> Add --> Java Build Path Entries --> Next -->

after clicking on next its only a blank window with the options Next and Fnish disabled.What can I do now?

I faced the same problem.

Just removed the server from configuration and added it back after restarting eclipse by adding it to the server runtime environment.

For me the fix was to right click on my webapp module > Maven > Update Project

Solution for Eclipse Luna:

1. Right Click on maven web project
2. Click 'Properties'menu
3. Select 'Deployment Assembly' in left side of the popped window
4. Click 'Add...' Button in right side of the popped up window
5. Now appear one more popup window(New Assembly Directivies)
6. Click 'Java Build path entries'
7. Click 'Next' Button
8. Click 'Finish' Button, now atomatically close New Assemby Directivies popup window
9. Now click 'Apply' Button and Ok Button
10. Run your webapplication

if nothing from above works, remove the .class from the listener class i.e.

<pre><code>&ltlistener&gt
&ltlistener-class&gt

org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener<s>.class</s>

&lt/listener-class&gt
&lt/listener&gt
</code></pre>

I also had the same error. I had not added the below dependency in my POM file.

<dependency>
<groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
<artifactId>spring-web</artifactId>
<version>4.1.7.RELEASE</version>
</dependency>

But My porject used to run even before I had added this dependency. But at one point it stopped and started giving the same above error.

If any one couldn't solve this error they can also solve by this [link][1]

[1]:

[To see links please register here]