Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 525 Vote(s) - 3.56 Average
powershell.exe call from batch file unbearable slow after upgrading to windows 10

I'm having some trouble with a `.bat`->`.ps1` call in my build process after moving from Win7 to Win10 (1607 LTSB) - the call to PowerShell, that took less than 100msec on Win7 now takes 10sec+ on Win10 on certain hosts :-(

The call looks like this: `powershell -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -NonInteractive %scriptfile%`

Startup-performance of ISE and PowerShell.exe from start-menu is good.

I wasn't able to dig up anything helpful so far...

* PoSh 5.1 on both, Win7 and Win10, PSProfile is clean apart from a couple of aliases
* $env:PATH is "clean" apart from a couple of folders that have been added on purpose - removing those didn't improve the situation.
* already did "ngen update" - problem still occurs.

I've create a little helper script that measures startup-performance of PowerShell from different starting points: no luck with this either, on Win7 and most of my Win10 machines startup-time is way below 1sec.

anybody here who has already solved this riddle?

Solved! - it's been UAC all along :-(

Solution: disable UAC for the user that's running the scriots or make sure the first script that calls the others is being run as administrator / elevated.

Not sure why UAC is causing these delays, and I'm certain there are cases where this is not an option - but for me this is solved by ensuring the first script is elevated + disabling UAC for dev boxes.

I had a similar problem - scripts taking multiple seconds to start.

The problem turned out to be a combination of two factors:

* I had `ExecutionPolicy` force-set to `RemoteSigned` via GPO (run `Get-ExecutionPolicy -List` and check the value for `MachinePolicy`)
* I had quite a few processes running, so that enumerating them was taking a long time

...so it was fixed by a restart. (I think [overriding the GPO-set value](

[To see links please register here]

) would also work, but I didn't try it.)

---
What didn't work:

* Disabling the loading of my profile (`powershell -NoProfile`)
* [Running ngen to generate native images for an assembly and its dependencies and install them in the Native Images Cache](

)
* [Disable module autoloading (introduced in v3) with `$PSModuleAutoloadingPreference = 'none'`](

), i.e. `powershell.exe -NoProfile -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -command "$PSModuleAutoloadingPreference = 'none'; & path\to\script.ps1"`
* ["Use legacy console" in the shortcut properties](

)
* [Disabling UAC](

)

I noticed that simply running PowerShell was relatively fast, only script execution (via command-line parameters or the [`&` / Call operator](

)) was slow. For instance I could run the script by piping it to powershell's stdin, which didn't incur the slowdown:

type "script.ps1" | powershell.exe -noprofile -nologo -executionpolicy Bypass -file -

At this point I tried [troubleshooting with ProcMon](

), which didn't show any long calls.

Next I tried opening Process Explorer to check the stack of the powershell.exe process while it was loading the script. The top of the stack was:

ntdll.dll!RtlGetNativeSystemInformation+0x14
KERNEL32.DLL!lstrcmpA+0x12d
KERNEL32.DLL!CreateToolhelp32Snapshot+0x108
[Native Frame: IL Method without Metadata]
[Managed to Unmanaged Transition]
System.Management.Automation.dll!System.Management.Automation.PsUtils.GetParentProcess+0x73
System.Management.Automation.dll!System.Management.Automation.Internal.SecuritySupport.GetExecutionPolicy+0x138

which led me to [issue #2578](

) that explained the behavior I was seeing.