Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 315 Vote(s) - 3.54 Average
"Gamification" gem?

Does anyone know of a "gamification" gem? I'm looking for something that can provide the functionality that you would find from Badgeville, BigDoor, Bunchball, etc. It seems like those platforms, outside of analytics and in some cases, a simple setup process for creating virtual rewards, don't offer a whole lot that you couldn't build yourself if all your need is a to create a simple event-based reward system.

If anyone knows of any gems, or plugins that provide a setup for adding virtual rewards and "gamification" to your Rails site, let me know!

I've released my own open source gamification gem for RoR applications that uses Active Record, you should take a look, it's really easy to use, it's name is Gioco.

Here is the GitHub:

[To see links please register here]

I have a post about it too:

Gioco also has a SaaS version (

) with client gem to setup into Rails applications and a Heroku Add-On to support it (

).

I built a gem for managing rankings (levels), badges and points granting in Rails apps. It's hosted in

Check out the UserInfuser (open source gamification platform) gem here:

Gamification is fairly new, so a generic gem probably isn't available right now (although I have not done exhaustive research into this as my main language is Python).

To build it yourself you'd probably need a fairly specific implementation for your framework/app. Many people look at gamification platforms and think "that's easy, I could do that". It's only once they start designing the system that they realize the complexity involved is much higher than it seems.

Using an API like [BigDoor](

)'s offers a way to cut development time and you get the benefit of improvements to the API from several publishers vs. feedback from a single implementation.

Using the gem which merletta linked might be a good starting point.

(DISCLAIMER: I am a developer at BigDoor)

badgeable gem is fine, but there is also gem for BigDoor