0Day Forums
How to fix 'Error: querySrv EREFUSED' when connecting to MongoDB Atlas? - Printable Version

+- 0Day Forums (https://0day.red)
+-- Forum: Coding (https://0day.red/Forum-Coding)
+--- Forum: NodeJs (https://0day.red/Forum-NodeJs)
+--- Thread: How to fix 'Error: querySrv EREFUSED' when connecting to MongoDB Atlas? (/Thread-How-to-fix-39-Error-querySrv-EREFUSED-39-when-connecting-to-MongoDB-Atlas)

Pages: 1 2

How to fix 'Error: querySrv EREFUSED' when connecting to MongoDB Atlas? - unbeloved144421 - 07-21-2023

I am new to MongoDB 4.0.6 and tried to implement it into my website using Node/Express.js, but when I try to connect to `mongodb+srv://${process.env.MONGOUSER}:${process.env.MONGOPASS}@main-03xkr.mongodb.net/main` I'm getting this error:

> { Error: querySrv EREFUSED _mongodb._tcp.main-03xkr.mongodb.net
at QueryReqWrap.onresolve [as oncomplete] (dns.js:199:19)
errno: 'EREFUSED',
code: 'EREFUSED',
syscall: 'querySrv',
hostname: '_mongodb._tcp.main-03xkr.mongodb.net' }

I've tried connecting to `mongodb://localhost:27017/main`, but this **does** seem work.

Here is the relevant code:
```javascript
require('dotenv').config();
const mongoose = require('mongoose');

// Database
const uri = `mongodb+srv://${process.env.MONGOUSER}:${process.env.MONGOPASS}@main-03xkr.mongodb.net/main`;
const localURI = 'mongodb://localhost:27017/main';

var Project = require('./models/project');

mongoose.connect(uri, { useNewUrlParser: true });
const db = mongoose.connection;

db.once('open', () => console.log('Successfully connected to MongoDB'));
db.on('error', (e) => console.log(e));

// Routes
app.get('/', (req, res) => {
Project.find({}, (e, projects) => {
if (e) console.log(e);

res.render('home.ejs', {
projects: projects
});
});
});

```

So does anyone know how to fix this error and maybe explain what is happening here?

RE: How to fix 'Error: querySrv EREFUSED' when connecting to MongoDB Atlas? - agathaea515411 - 07-21-2023

You have `undefined` in your connection string. I don't know if this is typo or not. But try changing

const uri = `mongodb+srv://undefined:${process.env.MONGOPASS}@main-03xkr.mongodb.net/main`;

to

const uri = `mongodb+srv://${process.env.MONGOUSER}:${process.env.MONGOPASS}@main-03xkr.mongodb.net/main`;

I use MongoAtlas for a project and that string (minus the undefined user) looks correct.

RE: How to fix 'Error: querySrv EREFUSED' when connecting to MongoDB Atlas? - Sirsporangiosporermlmusvo - 07-21-2023

If you're encountering this error try to use the older connection string for Node.js 2.2.12 or later:

```
mongodb://<username>:<password>@main-shard-00-00-03xkr.mongodb.net:27017,main-shard-00-01-03xkr.mongodb.net:27017,main-shard-00-02-03xkr.mongodb.net:27017/main?ssl=true&replicaSet=Main-shard-0&authSource=admin&retryWrites=true
```

According to MongoDB, SRV is possibly not working due to Mongoose.

RE: How to fix 'Error: querySrv EREFUSED' when connecting to MongoDB Atlas? - torturing186304 - 07-21-2023

I had this same error when I was connecting with `Node` version `3.0 or later` and I resolved it by downgrading to `2.2.12 or later` version:

[![downgrade][1]][1]

[1]:

RE: How to fix 'Error: querySrv EREFUSED' when connecting to MongoDB Atlas? - costosternal790622 - 07-21-2023

In our case antivirus/firewall is blocking,

Try to disable antivirus/firewall and check again. hope it will work.

RE: How to fix 'Error: querySrv EREFUSED' when connecting to MongoDB Atlas? - twiladumc - 07-21-2023

Pass option `{ useNewUrlParser: true, useUnifiedTopology: true }` to the MongoClient constructor

```
const uri = "mongodb+srv://${process.env.MONGOUSER}:${process.env.MONGOPASS}@main-03xkr.mongodb.net/main"

mongoose.connect(uri, { useNewUrlParser: true, useUnifiedTopology: true })
.catch(error => console.log(error));
```

RE: How to fix 'Error: querySrv EREFUSED' when connecting to MongoDB Atlas? - acejnev - 07-21-2023

MongoClient.connect(
"mongodb://USER:[email protected]/test?ssl=true&replicaSet=mflix-shard-0&authSource=admin&retryWrites=true&w=majority",
{ useNewUrlParser: true, useUnifiedTopology: true },
)
.catch(err => {
console.error(err.stack)
process.exit(1)
})
.then(async client => {
await MoviesDAO.injectDB(client)
await UsersDAO.injectDB(client)
await CommentsDAO.injectDB(client)
app.listen(port, () => {
console.log(`listening on port ${port}`)
})
})

Maybe can works with MongoClient( not Mongoose )

RE: How to fix 'Error: querySrv EREFUSED' when connecting to MongoDB Atlas? - emasculations672742 - 07-21-2023

This error occurs sometimes when you are using MongoDB Atlas and lost your internet connectivity. You will not be able to access your database.

RE: How to fix 'Error: querySrv EREFUSED' when connecting to MongoDB Atlas? - cobaltic117 - 07-21-2023

Make sure to change the node version to 2.2.12:

![enter image description here][1]

And add IP address:

![enter image description here][2]

[1]:

[2]:

RE: How to fix 'Error: querySrv EREFUSED' when connecting to MongoDB Atlas? - inspection854 - 07-21-2023

In my case, this error was happening when the **DNS configuration** in my TP-Link Router was missing.

I've installed OpenWRT firmware on it and forgot to adjust DNS settings.

I was able to open YouTube or any other website because that's not my main router, but could not connect to database.

It was an internet issue, like **@Kamesh Kumar Singh** said in his answer.

I think that this is not an usual answer for this question, but may help someone.