0Day Forums
Gothic Lettering Logo - Printable Version

+- 0Day Forums (https://0day.red)
+-- Forum: Graphics (https://0day.red/Forum-Graphics)
+--- Forum: Graphics Troubleshooting (https://0day.red/Forum-Graphics-Troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Gothic Lettering Logo (/Thread-Gothic-Lettering-Logo)

Pages: 1 2

Gothic Lettering Logo - georgannersbv - 09-02-2016

Was helping out a friend by updating his personal logo.
Its made 100% from scratch.
Let me know what you think?

I want to do more lettering in the future so.

[To see links please register here]

RE: Gothic Lettering Logo - beclasp705213 - 09-02-2016

Quote:(09-02-2016, 10:19 AM)Crovus Wrote:

Quote: (09-02-2016, 10:16 AM)Nuance Wrote:

Because I am who I am. Mind showing a screenshot of your (hopefully) AI document? Just so we can confirm said claim.

I don't use AI, do you have skype? I can screen share and show you everything you would like to see.

RE: Gothic Lettering Logo - Projanithh - 09-02-2016

Quote:(09-02-2016, 10:16 AM)Nuance Wrote:

Because I am who I am. Mind showing a screenshot of your (hopefully) AI document? Just so we can confirm said claim.

RE: Gothic Lettering Logo - pearson915 - 09-02-2016

Quote:(09-02-2016, 10:27 AM)Nuance Wrote:

I know vector is better but i try to combat the resizing issue by designing all my logos in 4k or higher so they can be sized down for anything.

It doesn't work like that I am afraid. A vector can be resized both up and down, the consisted resolution and such isn't the only reason people use AI for logos. When a vector is resized, it makes up for the difference in length, thickness and such as well. Meaning a logo (that is well made) will be as crisp, as easy to see and read regardless of the size. When you resize it in Photoshop as a pixel map, especially from higher resolutions, the result can often be far worse when you decrease it's size. As pixels will be removed, smoothed out and so on.

RE: Gothic Lettering Logo - subpoena108293 - 09-02-2016

Quote:(09-02-2016, 10:21 AM)Nuance Wrote:

I don't use AI, do you have skype? I can screen share and show you everything you would like to see.

No. I'll take you word for it, as of now anyways. (Mostly because I have found nothing that supports the claim that your work is stolen.) However, on a side note. What in the unholy grounds of hell made you NOT use AI when you made a logo? Actually, you seem to like doing vector art, so why aren't you using vectors to do such? Not to mention that not making a logo in AI will cause issues in the future if someone ever tries to resize it.

RE: Gothic Lettering Logo - amirahiinzggnsrs - 09-02-2016

Quote:(09-02-2016, 10:23 AM)Crovus Wrote:

Quote: (09-02-2016, 10:21 AM)Nuance Wrote:

No. I'll take you word for it, as of now anyways. (Mostly because I have found nothing that supports the claim that your work is stolen.) However, on a side note. What in the unholy grounds of hell made you NOT use AI when you made a logo? Actually, you seem to like doing vector art, so why aren't you using vectors to do such? Not to mention that not making a logo in AI will cause issues in the future if someone ever tries to resize it.

Here is proof of the logo, I had started in on a rebrand for myself but couldnt make my idea work out.
But I saw the potential for a different logo

so i altered what I was working on into a "W"

As for why I dont use AI, I learned all I know in photoshop and its just what im used to.
I know vector is better but i try to combat the resizing issue by designing all my logos in 4k or higher so they can be sized down for anything.

RE: Gothic Lettering Logo - Sirallentiac204 - 09-02-2016

Quote:(09-02-2016, 10:30 AM)Crovus Wrote:

Quote: (09-02-2016, 10:27 AM)Nuance Wrote:

It doesn't work like that I am afraid. A vector can be resized both up and down, the consisted resolution and such isn't the only reason people use AI for logos. When a vector is resized, it makes up for the difference in length, thickness and such as well. Meaning a logo (that is well made) will be as crisp, as easy to see and read regardless of the size. When you resize it in Photoshop as a pixel map, especially from higher resolutions, the result can often be far worse when you decrease it's size. As pixels will be removed, smoothed out and so on.

I understand.
I have been working on learning illustrator for that express reason but I am not good enough yet.

RE: Gothic Lettering Logo - resummoning310038 - 09-02-2016

Is for him to advertise what he does ? if so what is it what he does?

RE: Gothic Lettering Logo - anushkanroxmkfs - 09-02-2016

Quote:(09-02-2016, 11:15 AM)Zaiken Wrote:

Is for him to advertise what he does ? if so what is it what he does?

It was just a personal logo to use for forums or youtube or whatever he decided.

RE: Gothic Lettering Logo - balitaivgctioq - 10-08-2017

this logo is dope af! Awesome man!