Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 640 Vote(s) - 3.53 Average
Cops Are Hacking iPhones With Secretive $15,000 GrayKey

Quote:(07-17-2018, 05:30 PM)singlehandlogic Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

just a thought, wonder what nano tech we can create that would be able to manufacture a material, like a plastic, that would ideally prevent finger prints from being stored on its surface..

It's accuracy In detection, Is questionable.

Good concept, though.

10 Points for Chickphones running custom android ROMs like ReplicantOS

Quote:(07-18-2018, 04:08 AM)psightz Wrote:

10 Points for Chickphones running custom android ROMs like ReplicantOS :biggrin:

Absolutely.

Those with malicious Intent, are selective with their choice of phone. Old cell phones dated back In the 90s, were predominantly used for calls and texts. No Internet connectivity nor any sensors (GPS, Barometer, accelerometer, gyroscope, Biometric, ambient light, proximity)- all of which can be used to exploit, track and Identify the user.

Android running Replicant with hardware GPS/bluetooth/Wifi hardware switch with no E911 = Top.

I know Android phones have the option of encryption, and the ability to require a password on boot. Such features for iOS would only make sense.

Quote:(07-23-2018, 12:30 PM)Oni Wrote:

I know Android phones have the option of encryption, and the ability to require a password on boot. Such features for iOS would only make sense.

Androids certainly do have both. I've yet to apply the password, but I'm using It's encryption feature.

It doesn't require much effort to apply the two. A small step to prevent a big Issue.

Quote:(07-17-2018, 05:37 PM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (07-17-2018, 05:30 PM)singlehandlogic Wrote:

just a thought, wonder what nano tech we can create that would be able to manufacture a material, like a plastic, that would ideally prevent finger prints from being stored on its surface..

Good concept, though.

Can you be more specific please? elaborate? maybe I am not tracking.

the idea would be to prevent the bio metric data, ie grease, dna, sweat, oils that actually form the print, from being accurately stored in the first place. Im confident this can be done but this literally was another on the toilet idea... haha :tongue: the whole intention would be to destroy the accuracy of the print, or to some detail where ones print could not be recalled, or retrieved by normal csi methods.

Quote:(07-31-2018, 02:06 AM)singlehandlogic Wrote:

Quote: (07-17-2018, 05:37 PM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (07-17-2018, 05:30 PM)singlehandlogic Wrote:

Good concept, though.
Can you be more specific please? elaborate? maybe I am not tracking.

the idea would be to prevent the bio metric data, ie grease, dna, sweat, oils that actually form the print, from being accurately stored in the first place. Im confident this can be done but this literally was another on the toilet idea... haha :tongue:

the whole intention would be to destroy the accuracy of the print, or to some detail where ones print could not be recalled, or retrieved by normal csi methods.

It's certainly not an Idea down the drain. I believe you've made some valid points, but this Is how It works:

The majority of manufacturer's do not use anti-spoofing fingerprint techniques, such as looking for perspiration (thus help Identify a "real finger"), so that's already out of the equation. In terms of forming an actual fingerprint, that's not the Issue.

Because fingerprint scanners on a cell phone are so small, they only take "partial" prints and as such, the device will store so many "partial" fingerprints- just to make It easier to find a match and unlock the device. A finger swipe only has to match "one partial stored Image", hence a mismatch can happen with anyone's fingerprint. With law enforcement agencies, they have millions of fingerprint records and (obviously through trial & error) can use any partial print to authenticate.

Essentially, when breaking Into a given cell phone, the objective Is to authenticate with a mismatched partial fingerprint.

hmmm I see.... well shit! lol

Quote:(07-31-2018, 04:56 AM)singlehandlogic Wrote:

hmmm I see.... well shit! lol

An analogy with fingerprint authentication, Is If you store 10 passwords, and a hacker only has to match just the one to get Into the device.

No doubt biometrics (by capturing and calculating human-related metrics) Is secure, however the Inconsistencies mentioned above with fingerprint authentication leaves a lot of room for error.