Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 181 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
Why is access to the path denied?

I am having a problem where I am trying to delete my file but I get an exception.

if (result == "Success")
{
if (FileUpload.HasFile)
{
try
{
File.Delete(Request.PhysicalApplicationPath + app_settings.login_images + txtUploadStatus.Text);
string filename = Path.GetFileName(btnFileUpload.FileName);
btnFileUpload.SaveAs(Request.PhysicalApplicationPath + app_settings.login_images + filename);
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
Message(ex.ToString());
}
}
}

Also I should note that the folder I am trying to delete from has full control to network services.

The full exception message is:

>System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\gowdyn\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\hybrid\hybrid\temp_loginimages\enviromental.jpg' is denied. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.File.Delete(String path) at hybrid.User_Controls.Imgloader_Add_Edit_Tbl.btnUpdate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\gowdyn\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\hybrid\hybrid\User_Controls\Imgloader_Add_Edit_Tbl.ascx.cs:line 242

Any ideas?

You need to modify the privileges of the folder you're trying to delete from/save to. Right-click on the containing folder and use the Security tab to permit *modify* rights for the user your application runs under.

When a user tries to connect to your Web site, IIS assigns the connection to the **IUSER_ComputerName** account, where ComputerName is the name of the server on which IIS is running. By default, the **IUSER_ComputerName** account is a member of the Guests group. This group has security restrictions. Try to grand access to IUSER_ComputerName to that folder

[Here][1] is very good described answer about IIS security

Hope this helps

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

I too faced the same problem when trying to do this after deployment at server:

dirPath = Server.MapPath(".") + "\\website\\" + strUserName;
if (!Directory.Exists(dirPath))
{
DirectoryInfo DI = Directory.CreateDirectory(dirPath);
}
string filePath = Server.MapPath(".") + "\\Website\\default.aspx";
File.Copy(filePath, dirPath + "\\default.aspx", true);
File.SetAttributes(dirPath + "\\default.aspx", FileAttributes.Normal);

I granted permission in IIS to other group including administrator and my problem got solved.

I also had the problem, hence me stumbling on this post. I added the following line of code before and after a Copy / Delete.

**Delete**

File.SetAttributes(file, FileAttributes.Normal);
File.Delete(file);

**Copy**

File.Copy(file, dest, true);
File.SetAttributes(dest, FileAttributes.Normal);

I had the same problem on a newly moved website on a shared server. Solved through the web host panel (DotNetPanel) setting true the "allow write permissions". So if you are in a shared server before reviewing all code worth taking a look at the server configuration and could save you a lot of time.

Be aware that if you are trying to reach a shared folder path from your code, you dont only need to give the proper permissions to the physicial folder thru the security tab. You also need to "share" the folder with the corresponding app pool user thru the Share Tab

I have found that this error can occur in DESIGN MODE as opposed to ? execution mode...
If you are doing something such as creating a class member which requires access to an .INI or .HTM file (configuration file, help file) you might want to NOT initialize the item in the declaration, but initialize it later in FORM_Load() etc...
When you DO initialize... Use a guard IF statement:

/// <summary>FORM: BasicApp - Load</summary>
private void BasicApp_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
// Setup Main Form Caption with App Name and Config Control Info
if (!DesignMode)
{
m_Globals = new Globals();
Text = TGG.GetApplicationConfigInfo();
}
}

This will keep the MSVS Designer from trying to create an INI or HTM file when you are in design mode.

Check your files properties. If the read-only is checked, uncheck it. This was my personal issue with the UnauthorizedAccessException.

I had this error thrown when I tried to rename a folder very rapidly after it had been either moved or created.

A simple `System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(500);` solved it:

void RenameFile(string from, string to)
{
try
{
System.IO.File.Move(from, to)
}
catch
{
System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(500);
RenameFile(from, to);
}