Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 732 Vote(s) - 3.44 Average
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener

I included these in the _Build Path_:

- all Spring libs
- Apache Tomcat 7.0 library

The project still fails during startup:

SEVERE: Error configuring application listener of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1676)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1521)
at org.apache.catalina.core.DefaultInstanceManager.loadClass(DefaultInstanceManager.java:415)
at org.apache.catalina.core.DefaultInstanceManager.loadClassMaybePrivileged(DefaultInstanceManager.java:397)
at org.apache.catalina.core.DefaultInstanceManager.newInstance(DefaultInstanceManager.java:118)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4660)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext$1.call(StandardContext.java:5226)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext$1.call(StandardContext.java:5221)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Jun 2, 2011 11:07:38 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
SEVERE: Error configuring application listener of class org.springframework.web.context.request.RequestContextListener
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.web.context.request.RequestContextListener
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1676)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1521)
at org.apache.catalina.core.DefaultInstanceManager.loadClass(DefaultInstanceManager.java:415)
at org.apache.catalina.core.DefaultInstanceManager.loadClassMaybePrivileged(DefaultInstanceManager.java:397)
at org.apache.catalina.core.DefaultInstanceManager.newInstance(DefaultInstanceManager.java:118)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4660)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
Jun 2, 2011 11:07:38 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
SEVERE: Error configuring application listener of class com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener

In `org.sprintframework.web-3.1.0.M1.jar`, I can see the `org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener`.

Someone on Google says that `spring.jar` should be included but I don't see any `spring.jar` in 3.x distribution.

Eclipse 3.6.2
Tomcat 7

Edit: Someone on the Spring Forum (offline) said "Automatically update dependencies" should be checked in Project Properties but I don't see anything like that in project properties.

You could try "Clean Tomcat Work Directory" or simply "Clean..". This supposed to discard all published state and republish from scratch.

I was facing the same issue for a eclipse project configured for Tomcat 7 runtime

Right click on project and go to project properties.
Click on Deployment Assembly. I could notice that my spring library jars which I created during compile time with a user library was missing.
Just add the jars and you should see no errors in console during tomcat start up

This is surely Eclipse related issue.
The thing which worked for me is creating a new server in eclipse server tab.
Then run your application in this new server, it should work.

I tried the

- project clean mvn
- clean
- clean tomcat work directory Automatically
- update dependencies

The only thing that worked at least temporarily was to add Maven Dependencies to Web Deployment Assembly definition

But this does not work for ever! After a couple of days it stops working. My solution was to remove Maven Dependencies, apply change and add Maven Dependencies again.

I'm using
- eclipse Juno
- embedded maven
- tomcat 7

Using the "Update project configuartion" messed up the build path of the project.

Fix: Open the "configure build path..." menu (right click on the project) and fix the Included/Excluded options for each source folder.
That worked for me.

For gradle users, It works with following steps

1) **Stop and Delete** tomcat server from **Servers** Tab in eclipse

![eclipse tomcat tab][1]

**2) clean webapp and work directory from tomcat installation** , (Reference, [How-To: Clear out Tomcat’s cache and fix outdated JSP problems](

[To see links please register here]

))

$ rm -r /usr/local/AT7028/work/*
$ rm -r /usr/local/AT7028/webapps/WAR_NAME

**3) clean and eclipsify project using build tool**

`$ ./gradlew clean eclipse` //fire respective command for `mvn` users, `$ mvn clean package`

**4) configure a new Tomcat server in eclipse, and run the project again.**

[1]:

In many case It is java facet problem ,jdk or jre or jsp version is difference than maven project face.

Same thing happens to me from time to time when using Eclipse WDT. Its specialy frustrating when this happens to a unmodified and previously working project. This is what I do to fix it in this last scenario:

1. Stop Tomcat (if it's running)
2. Open the "Servers" view: Window > Show view > Other > Server > Servers
3. Right Click on Tomcat Server > Clean Tomcat Work Directory.
4. Right Click on Tomcat Server > Clean
5. Restart the server

This usually fixes the issue you mention.

i too faced the same problem.... and resolved by following the below steps:

RC(right click on web project) --> properties --> Deployment Assembly --> Add --> Java Build Path Entries --> Next --> select jar files which are missing --> next --> finish

Application is running successfully...